Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Pit-pat Voice

I was driven to see Shrek 3 last night, more by inertia, lack of options and abundance of seating than by a desire to see the actual movie, and yes, just as everyone expected, it was a serviceable, workmanlike piece of dazzling spectacle that scaled back the ambition of the second one by half.

The one thing that had me laughing out loud was the Gingerbread Man, as voiced by Conrad Vernon. He pushed that voice of his to it's absolute limits on every single line, and the peak of the movie for me was the scene where his life flashed before his eyes. I had to catch my breath afterwards. east your lucky eyes before this clip disappears fromYoutube.



I watched the movie with a Korean audience and they didn't really seem to 'get' what's so funny about a gingerbread man running on a gingerbread treadmill, but for me that's the only thing that made up for all the fart jokes, which they did laugh at. Go figure.
Anyway, the voice of the Gingerbread Man seems to me obviously based on Pitpat, the potential mascot for GloboChem from Mr. Show.

No comments: