Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Further evidence of the greatness/nerdiness of our civilization

When I woke up a half an hour ago, I had no idea today would be the day that I would finally see a musical tribute to Louanne 'Kat' Katraine and Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace, set to the music of Cat Power.

The Greatest
Uploaded by xframe


It truly is a remarkable world in which someone named Hollywoodgrrl can take the entire lives of two fictional characters and a song I didn't really like all that much and simultaneously make it bloggable, convincing me of the genius of both Cat Power and Ronald D Moore. And what a great moment in time it is when there are songs like that and things on TV like Battlestar for us all to share.
I think Mr. Moore should send Hollywoodgrrl a bottle of whiskey, because she has done a lot to justify some of his recent decisions (if you've seen the video you know which two I'm talking about) in a way which I doubt he had time to edit into the most overshot, edited down show on TV.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

God damnit, BSG Season 3 needs to get out on DVD now. I already know the gist of what happened though.