Why, because I have to go out to eat with everybody I've ever met in Korea. And since they're not going anywhere, they want to go somewhere special. I literally haven't eaten anything normal in a week. Here's a partial list of the foods I've eaten and the places I've eaten them in.
- Grilled duck, acorn muk (jelly), and a giant octopus pancake next to a waterfall
- spicy grilled octopus (낙지 볶음) with another giant octopus pancake
- All you can eat tuna sashimi and a ton of beer with my brother in law
- Giant katsu (deep fried pork, fish, and chicken cutlets) and cold spicy noodles (냉면)
- Heaps of fancy Chinese food
- Rice cooked in a segment of a bamboo tree with about a million side dishes
- VIPs (buffet)
- Blue Ocean (buffet)
- Dijon Euro (fusion-style buffet) twice
- About a million patbingsu (sweet bean and shaved ice treats)
- About a million free Starbucks coffees
By the way, my plans for today? Lunch with friends followed by dinner and drinks with other friends. Wincing? Consider it a certainty.